You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘diaper cover’ tag.

Since the mushroom top (size 2) worked as a short baby dress, I decided a diaper cover was in order. I used the free pattern from PrudentĀ  Baby.

Mushroom Diaper Cover

The result! I still have to try it on the baby…

Mushroom Dress

I’m not sure if you can tell from the picture, but these baby thighs are huuuuuge!

To accommodate her thighs, this 7 month old baby wears 24 month capris for jeans. They will slim out when she start running around, but I increased the elastic length for the leg holes so they won’t pinch this summer.

I did have to make one modification to the pattern. My left over fabric wasn’t big enough for the full back piece (it is bigger than the front to allow for diaper bum). I added a small crotch piece, shown in the picture below.

Diaper Cover - Crotch

My only trouble making this cover happened when trying to feed the elastic in casing around the first leg hole. I could only get the safety pin over the seams in the direction they were pressed! Otherwise the seam would get bunched and I hit a dead end. This issue wouldn’t have been a big problem if I just had the two seams, but the extra seam due to the extra crotch piece was in the wrong direction.

I had to sew the casing again, leaving the hole to feed the elastic at the extra crotch piece. It worked!

In other news, I hate when I have to “fold over 1/*”, press, fold over another 1/*” and press again.” It is especially annoying on small curved parts. In better news, I have noticed my sewing machine skills have improved drastically over this past month!

Advertisements
Work through the pain.

Flickr Photos

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 5 other followers